BLS & Heartsaver CPR AED with First Aid Instructor Initial Course - Wednesday, July 24th 9:30am-4:30pm
Cost: $269.00 | Length: 6 hours
This course is designed for those individuals who are interested in teaching all American Heart Association courses offered for BLS & Heartsaver and will introduce you to your role and responsibilities as an instructor.Once you are registered, there are five prerequisites to attend the Instructor Course:
- You must first have a current American Heart Association (AHA) CPR AED card for adult, child, and infant skills. This card can be either the BLS for Healthcare Providers CPR AED card, BLS Provider CPR AED card or a Heartsaver CPR AED card. You will need to bring a copy of your current CPR card to your scheduled class.
- You must also have a current Heatsaver First Aid card or you may complete Part 1 of the Heartsaver First Aid course at www.onlineaha.org. You will need to bring a copy of your current card or the online completion certificate to the Instructor class.
- Register as a BLS or Heartsaver Instructor at www.ahainstructornetwork.org and align with Rocky Mountain CPR and First Aid as your Training Center. You can only choose one discipline so if you are going to be teaching BLS classes and Heartsaver classes, choose the BLS Instructor.
- Complete the BLS Instructor Update and Heartsaver Instructor Update at www.ahainstructornetwork.org. You will need to bring the completion certificates to your scheduled class.
- Complete the BLS or Heartsaver Instructor Essentials Online Course. A key code will be emailed to along with instructions once we receive your registration. You will need to bring the completion certificate to your scheduled class.
Once you have completed the classroom course, you will need to be monitored assisting in a class at Rocky Mountain CPR and First Aid within 60-days of your class date. There is no additional fee to assist to be monitored to receive your instructor card.Payment for the course does not include teaching materials such as videos and books.